Thursday, January 20, 2011

Six Little Koalas

A photo of an animal you'd love to keep as a pet:

I've always wanted a pet bunny.  But of course, I'm allergic to anything with fur, and couldn't even keep a hamster for more than a couple months (she got stuck in the couch once for five hours; another time got out of her cage and chewed a six inch hole in the carpet, plus destroyed a beanbag).  And I'm a serial fish killer.  I'm terrible with pets.  The only ones I can seem to keep are stuffed.  But one animal I really really really wanted when I was a kid is a koala bear.

I used to be nuts about koalas.  It all started when my grandparents went to New Zealand when I was in the second grade and brought me back a stuffed koala toy.  I. Loved. It.  I named her Koala Lou, after my favorite book.  She went everywhere with me.  I think I even sewed her some clothes at one point.  And since then I fantasized about having one for a pet.  (I still kinda do...)  I think maybe it's the ears.  They're so fluffy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment