Saturday, January 8, 2011

Jour Deux

Day 2 - A photo of something you ate today.

Last night I pulled out some of my new Christmas presents and set to work baking a masterpiece.  You see, I got this awesome cupcake maker from ma mere, along with all the works to decorate them.  This was the perfect gift for me.  I. Love. To. Bake.


Alors, the cupcakes turned out just lovely.  I used a lemon cake mix and threw in a bunch of poppy seeds to make them lemon poppy seed cupcakes.  Then I zested some fresh lemon into some lemon frosting, added some edible glitter (my FAVORITE) and topped it with a yummy blueberry (found them on sale at the store - woot!!).  The cupcake pedestal was also part of the gift.  So cute, right?  Voila:


Behold, my army of miniature cupcakes:


I completely underestimated just how many mini cupcakes one cake mix could make, so I was swimming in cupcakes! It sucked up a bunch of time, or else I woulda pulled out the piping tools and played with the frosting designs.  Next time, for sure.

Every time I bake, I get the notion that I should quit my life, run away to culinary school, and live happily ever after as a plump little baker in Paris.  Hey, a girl can dream, right?

I'm hoping some of you may have picked up on all the little French references today...  And why is that, you ask?  Well, because last night I did something completely insane... and BOUGHT A TICKET TO PARIS!!!!  Oh yeah, baby!!  I'm finally gonna go to la ville d'amour!  This has been such a long time coming.  I was so emotional last night, I cried when I clicked the "purchase ticket" button.  It's gonna take me a while to come down from the clouds.

Cupcakes and Paris, all in one day.  So happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment