Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 1

A photo of yourself and description of your day:

Well, I have absolutely no idea how to upload a photo...  So I'll start with a description of my day.  Not sure if that means the "typical" day, or today specifically.  My typical work day begins at about 6:30 a.m.  (Okay, that's a lie.  I hit snooze so many times that it really doesn't begin till 7.)  I head off to work, which is typically pretty busy with patients and scheduling appointments and doing all kinds of things around the office.

For those who don't know, I am a dental assistant - more specifically an Orthodontic Technician, but most people will look at ya funny if you say that.  What that means is that I work for an orthodontist as an assistant.  I get to put braces on people's teeth, adjust the braces, take them off, make retainers, take xrays, make cool appliances like expanders, make models of teeth, and all kinds of other amazingly cool stuff.  I actually REALLY love my job!  I find it pretty rewarding.  Always something new to learn, always an interesting case to work on, and I get to help people have beautiful smiles!  I like to stay busy, so the fast pace is good for me.  And I'm definitely a very detail-oriented perfectionist, so this is pretty much the perfect career for me.  I feel so blessed to be at a job I love.

I usually head home about 6 p.m. and then collapse on the couch to unwind for a bit.  Then comes the par-tay!  I'm definitely a night owl, and there's always something to do, people to see, places to go.  And now that I have a new boyfriend, there's someone to do all the fun crazy things with!  Good thing he's a night owl too.

Today I did none of the above.  The office was closed for the day, so I slept, went to the chiropractor (fell down the stairs last week - OUCH!  There's a giant bruise the size and shape of Texas on my poor little-ish ass.), met my dear friend Prasanthi for lunch last minute, then slept some more in an attempt to get rid of a heinous headache.  Met the bf at Institute tonight, followed by showing up at a bar to support my friend's husband's rock band.  Overall, kinda a weird but good day.  And now I'm blogging about it.

I'll work on that picture... Hang tight for a minute...  Oh!  There's an insert image button.  How handy.


Voila!  Okay, okay, just kidding.  I'm not an awesome movie star making millions of deniro.  :(


This is the absolute most hideous picture of me ever taken.  Be amazed and count yourselves lucky that I've decided to share it.


I took a fabulous road trip with some of my best girlies to California two years ago for New Years.  They buried me alive on the beach then tortured me with numerous pictures.  Ahh, such a crazy trip!!

Adios for now, amigos, and bonus nachos!  Hasta manana!

1 comment:

  1. love the pics of you! i've always wanted to be buried alive, but pretty sure i'd really be left just like that and no more, no less: buried. alive.

    ReplyDelete