Saturday, December 18, 2010

Where Do the Ducks Go in the Winter?

Okay, so I had this random long stream of thoughts this afternoon while taking a quick little snooze on my lunch break.  For some reason it all cracks me up.

So I was trying to drown out my caffeinated brain and tried some meditation.  (Ready for the longest sentence ever?  A prize to whoever can read it all in one breath!)  All I could think of was a low drone, which got me thinking about 6th century Europe and the ancient Druids and Stonehenge, which made me think of that Ducktails movie about the Druids, which led to an instant replay of the vid on youtube of the little duckies being blown away in the wind, which made me think about the secret pond I found behind our house a couple days ago that seems to be a Four Seasons Hotel for the thousands of geese and ducks flying north in the winter, which then led me to think about the book "The Catcher in the Rye" and how Holden Caulfield frequently passes a pond and always says to himself, "Where do the ducks go in the winter?".  Aaaaaand then I fell asleep.

NOT related to ducks or ancient Druids in ANY way, last night was such a blast!!  Michelle's bachelorette party was wild and crazy and fun as hell.  My feet are still suffering for it though - note to all females: don't wear four inch stilettos to traverse all of downtown Denver and four different dance clubs.

So excited for the wedding on Sunday!  :)


Today I am thankful to have been treated like a lady by a very kind-hearted man.  It's nice to be reminded that chivalry is not, in fact, extinct...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment